Resources for Single Fathers
By Wayne Parker
Dads who are divorced from their children's moms have a tough job. Keeping in touch from a distance or managing relationships with the children when you are not in the home is a major challenge. Check this page for resources to help divorced dads be the best dads possible under the circumstances.
- Keys for Success as a Divorced Dad
- The Effects of Divorce on Children and How to Cope
- Keep Close To Home After a Divorce
- What You Need to Know About Child Support
- Making the Most of Visitation
- Divorced Dads and The Holidays
- Finding and Selecting a Good Family Law Attorney
- Handling the Holidays as a Non-Custodial Dad
- Making Joint Custody Work
Finding Time for Yourself
Single dads can have a really difficult time keeping all the demands of life in balance. Find ways to make time to keep yourself together while taking care of the kids, the house and more.
- How to Adjust to Life as a Single Father
- Ways to Balance Life and Work
- Taking Care of Yourself: Health and Wellness Tips for Fathers
Dating and Relationships
As a single dad, how and when do you start dating? How should you manage a new relationship in the context of your single parenting role. Learn more about dating and developing relationships as a single father.
Keeping the house, car, yard and more together while being a single dad can be a particular challenge. Using a little creativity and learning from the experience of other single fathers can help you keep it all in balance.