Hot Topics for Fathers
By Wayne Parker
Some of the hardest balancing dads do is coordinating work life, home life and personal life. Find information about achieving and maintaining work-life balance.
- Quick and Easy Dinners
- Recovering from Workaholism
- Family Friendly Workplaces for Fathers
- Simplifying Your Life
- Fitting Fitness into a Busy Dad's Life
Fathers and Daughters
Since no dads were raised as daughters, we sometimes have a hard time relating to our female offspring. Find tips and information for being a great dad to your girls.
- Top Ten Ways to Stay Close to Your Daughter As She Grows Up
- Father of the Bride: The Role of Fathers in their Daughters Wedding
- What a Dad Needs to Know About Wedding Budgets
- Strengthening Father Daughter Relationships
Sons and Dads
Sometimes, one of our biggest challenges is raising responsible young men. After all, we were all sons and boys once, and we often remember those times and compare them to the experiences of our sons. These resources will help dads deal effectively with their own sons.
The best environment for a child is in a family with a father and mother. Find resources for strengthening marriage, improving communication and working through parenting issues with your kids' mom.
One of the more sensitive and difficult issues to approach with our children is sex. Nonetheless, it is a critical discussion because their attitudes about sex will be formed with or without us. Here are some resources for helping you educate your children about sex and the emotions that go with it.
Not all family activities are created equal. Making time count positively with your children and building positive memories takes time and focus.
- Ways to Spend Quality Time with the Kids
- Positive and Productive Summer Vacation Ideas
- Turn off the TV and Tune Into Your Family
- Storytelling Made Easy
- Eating Together: Mealtimes for Your Family
Education and Literacy
Interested in how best to help your children at school? Check these resources for being more involved, helping with homework, working with teachers and helping your children succeed at the business of education.
- How Fathers Can Help Their Children Read
- How to Choose a Charter School
- Homework Helping Secrets
- Getting the Most Out of Parent Teacher Conferences
One of the biggest challenges for fathers is selecting appropriate discipline for their children. Discipline is all about modifying behavior, not about anger or retaliation. Check out the resources on this page on effective discipline.
- Behavior Contracting
- Helping Children with Aggression
- Kids Need CARE: Validating and Affirming our Children
- Principles for Respectful Discipline
Sometimes our family or our children will need intervention due to issues like depression, aggression, or other emotional or mental challenges. Learn what fathers can do when mental illness arises and how to find help for their families.
Many dads have an important role in organizing the home. Whether a single dad, stay at home dad, or a dad with a busy partner, home organization is an important component of effective parenting.
- Top Ten Productivity Tools for Fathers
- Making Chores Fun and Effective for Dads and Kids
- Shopping for Groceries
- Taming the Cooking Monster
- Online Family Calendars
How to keep communication flowing in a family can be a difficult thing for fathers. Learn important steps and tools for communicating effectively with your children, your spouse and other family members.