Resources and Information for New Fathers
By Wayne Parker
Are you and your partner pregnant, or do you hope to be? Find resources for expectant dads and their pregnant partners. Information about the stages of pregnancy, labor, delivery, coaching programs like Bradley and Lamaze, and postpartum issues are available to help you move through the process and transition into parenthood.
- What Every Dad Should Know About Labor
- Create a Birth Plan for Mother and Father
- Getting the Most Out of Your Childbirth Class
- How Your Partner's Body Changes During Pregnancy
- Dealing with Miscarriage
- Making it Through the Last Month of Pregnancy
Delivery of a child brings lots of new experiences to a new mom and, by extension, to the new dad. Helping your partner through this postpartum adjustment can be a challenge physically and emotionally. Find resources to help you understand the postpartum process and to help you help your partner through this very challenging time.
Transitioning into New Fatherhood
Wondering if you will ever sleep through the night again? What about sex after having a new baby? Find information on how to cope with a new baby at home and how to adjust to the new routine of fatherhood.
- Your First Time Alone with the Baby
- Will I Ever Sleep Again?
- What Do I Do When My Baby Is Crying?
- From DINK to Dad
- Bonding with the New Baby
- Things They Didn't Tell You about Fatherhood
- When To Call the Baby's Doctor
- Your Baby’s Diaper Bag: The Mobile Baby Care Kit
- Choosing the Right Babysitter
- Recording Your Child's Growth
- Babyproofing Your Home
Fathers starting a family need to plan for their financial future. What do fathers need to know about retirement planning, saving for college, life insurance, investment, and the other important questions about meeting a family's financial obligations?