The Bottom Line
- Wrttien by an attorney who regularly works with men in the midst of divorce
- Written in a simple and understandabel style; no confusing legalese
- The mistakes are in chronological order so the family law process is more easily understood
- Because every case is different, the general observations may not be helpful for every man
- The Ten Stupidest Mistakes is easy to read and easy to understand with short case studies
- The author leads one of the nation's largest and most expert family law firms, specializing in working with men
- A well-written and concise summary of the biggest mistakes men make when considering divorce
Guide Review - The 10 Stupidest Mistakes Men Make When Facing Divorce - Book Review
Peppered with stories of men who make these stupid mistakes, Cordell has put into one short and simple to read volume concise and easy advice for avoiding these common pitfalls. From moving out first to neglecting the children to being badly prepared for the legal process, The Ten Stupidest Mistakes lays out a clear path for men to follow in the family law process. Things like posting negative comments about your estranged wife or her family on Facebook can be a huge problem down the road. Every family law attorney representing men in the divorce process should read and ask their clients to read this book right at the outset. Simply because we are uninformed about the process, we tend to make mistakes that we might not even see.
The advice is practical and able to be implemented with a little thought. The strategies for making the best of a traumatic situation can be followed as the husband and the attorney work together. And at the end of the process, by following a few simple guidelines, the result can be more positive than it would be otherwise.
The Ten Stupidest Mistakes Men Make When Facing Divorce is a must-read for any father or husband going through a divorce or even thinking about it. If you find yourself in this very tough spot, get this book and read it carefully before making the final decision. It will help you think through the process and make smarter decisions at every step along the way.