What Fathers and Families Has Accomplished:
- Advocated for and helped pass legislation in several states reforming family court law and child support and custody law to reduce discrimination against fathers
- Placed a shared custody amendment on the ballot in Massachusetts and advocated for its eventual passage
- Helped pass bills in California, Arizona, and Indiana to protect disabled parents from family court financial abuses
- Helped pass paternity fraud legislation in California
- Helped spearhead a massive nationwide grassroots protest campaign against anti-father PBS show on child custody, successfully forcing production of even-handed documentary
Publications and Services:
The organization also takes on negative stereotypes of fathers in the media. They have organized campaigns against a proposed reality show Bad Dads, transit ads in Dallas buses for a domestic violence group that portrayed fathers unfairly, and against a PBS program on domestic violence taking a one-sided view against fathers.