Mission of Dads Against Discrimination:
Dads Against Discrimination
is an organization in Oregon that works to overcome existing anti-male gender bias in the family courts and in social services funding. Their primary focus is in Oregon, but their membership and efforts extend nationally as well. They are a local chapter of DADS America.
Services offered by Dads Against Discriminiation:
- They provide a telephone crisis line to fathers who belong to the organization to help through difficult encounters with the system
- DADS has a call-in program on cable television in Oreon called Dads Television Network and they provide copies of the programs on request
- They connect fathers removed from their homes with connections to sheltering options
- They conduct and share research into the positive impacts fathers can have on families and family life
- DADS provides referrals to attorneys and counselors specializing in family issues
Men joining Dads Against Discrimination can purchase one of two membership levels. The bronze level ($19.99 per year) provides basic services and advice. A platinum membership at $55 per year also includes legal consultation and voting rights to determine the direction of the organization.
At the Dads Against Discrimination Oregon website
, fathers can find information about pending Oregon legislation, links to studies about fathers rights, advice on child support and visitation rights, and media articles on fatherhood.