In our current political environment, Parenting Magazine took a survey and interviewed parents about how becoming a parent changed their political views. As you might surmise, it is significant. Consider these findings:
- 42% of parents have changed their political views since becoming parents
- 48% have become more politically active since becoming a parent
- 75% or parents said that the economy was among the top three issues facing America.
- 57% of parents felt that being a parent would make someone a better President
- 58% talk to their children about current events and news
- Only 42% feel that their children will have a better life than their own
Read more about this fascinating survey and the response of parents that were interviewed. No hints about for whom they are voting on November 6, but lots of discussion about their attitudes toward politics and current events!
For fathers interested in the attitudes of current Presidential and Vice Presidential Candidates on fatherhood, check out these links:
- Governor Mitt Romney on Fatherhood
- President Barack Obama on Fatherhood
- Vice President Joe Biden on Fatherhood
- Representative Paul Ryan on Fatherhood
Image courtesy of Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images News